Monday, September 12, 2016

JBL Pulse Bluetooth Speakers Connectivity Problems with LG Nexus 5

I purchased JBL Pulse in 2014 January and became proud of it very soon. The JBL Pulse Bluetooth Speakers worked very fine with my the then Windows 8 OS and LG Nexus 5. 2014 went quite good for my music appetite and I faced no challenges. But....my Windows 8 OS was downgraded to Windows 7 due to file corruption. As soon as I rolled back to Windows 7, the laptop began losing connectivity with my JBL Pulse Bluetooth Speakers. I tried very hard to make the Bluetooth connection a success between laptop and JBL but ultimately lost.

I also noticed that the AUX connection with laptop and JBL doesn't work as smooth as the Bluetooth connectivity. The sound quality coming out of from the AUX connectivity was awful, dull and unacceptable. I too realized that the AUX cable which I used wasn't of the best quality. May this was the reason the sound quality was just awful.

2015 no connectivity problem with my LG Nexus 5 until 2016 Summer.




I noticed at several occasions that my JBL Pulse speaker simply stops playing music when paired with LG Nexus 5. This was the same device which worked perfectly almost 2 years. 

Initially I thought it was the JBLs battery that must have exhausted. So, I took my speakers and charged them for few hours. But no luck next day as JBL agains stopped playing music. Whenever, it used to stop it, I heard the connectivity disconnection tone.

I tried running JBL Pulse through my wife's Samsung J2 and fortunately it played for hours and didn't shut down once. I figured out that JBL device is having pairing issues with my LG Nexus 5. Not to forget, my LG Nexus 5 power button was also faulty and made the device go into restart loops. Find out how I resolved LG NEXUS 5: RESTART LOOP :POWER BUTTON

Tips I tried to resolve the issue

  1. Restarting JBL Pulse
  2. Charging the JBL Bluetooth speakers to fullest
  3. Restarting m LG Nexus 5
  4. Un-pairing and repairing the both devices
Result

None of the above 4 tips actually worked. But then

Power Button Fixed

As I mentioned, my LG Nexus 5 power button was faulty due to which the phone was getting restarted by its own multiple times. Moreover, the installed apps goes into optimization for very long minutes. 

But once, my power button problem was fixed by LG Customer Care, I found that it started to pair with my JBL Pulse without any issues. In other words, it worked as perfectly as it used to function during initial days. I am not too sure about the overall scenario but I am starting to believe that it was the faulty power button which was causing the connection break ups. Let's hope I am correct in m belief.

I will do come back if the problem strikes me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment