Saturday, September 10, 2016

LG NEXUS 5: RESTART LOOP :POWER BUTTON REPLACE

Google's LG Nexus 5 is a great phone indeed. I am using it from last 2 years and loved it from day one. However, from last 6 months, my LG Nexus 5 device went crazy by restarting itself again and again. The device used to shut down all of a sudden and restarts, again shuts down - then restarts. This goes on into a some kind of loop on which I had no control at all. I witnessed this processes helplessly until the phone resumed itself into it's normal mode. But even a gentle touch on the Unlock button (aka Power button) repeated the on-off loop until the phone comes back to normal on its own.

You know, repeated restarts on LG Nexus 5 device makes it optimize all of your installed applications. This optimization process takes lots of time and makes the phone heat tremendously.




I consulted one of my colleague who is also the owner of LG Nexus 5. From him, I came to know that this is an occurring issues on this devices. he informed me that this problem usually arises when your phone is a year old or more. I checked on many tech - mobile forums and great numbers of user confirmed the problem.

Temporary Solution

I came across a forum where someone suggested to hit the Power Button gently against a solid surface (perhaps a wooden table). I did this on my office table by gently hitting the power button and its top/bottom area against the solid surface. With few hits, the LG Nexus 5 phone started normally. Note: This might solve the problem forever.

Unfortunately, I wasn't so lucky since the restart loop problem occurred after 20 days or so. So, I took the "Temporary Solution" of hitting the phone against a solid surface so that the power button functions properly. This method used to work for me at times and failed miserably on many occasions.

Power Button Replacement

Had a word with the LG Nexus 5 service center and the informed me about power button replacement which is the only solution to this problem. Finally, I visited the center and paid I.N.R 380 (equals ~USD 6.0) and got the button's replacement. Upon asking if the problem will arise after replacement, they replied - 99% it will not re-occur after a replacement has been done.

Final Thoughts

I could have expected a local or a lesser known brand device to malfunction however, LG or Google's phone can cause so much pain, is beyond my understanding. So,LG Nexus 5 owners, if you are facing a similar issue then do get your button replace by the LG authorized service center. Remember, no tips or home remedy will resolve this issue, but a replacement. 

Do share your story with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment